Responsible gambling is all about playing responsibly.
The general rule is: Be sensible and never risk what you can't afford to lose.
If you find that you're getting into a spot of bother, we'll do our best to help you get out of it.
Here are a few of the things you can do to help you stay in control.
- Make sure you're aware of the dangers of gambling before you start playing.
- Set deposit limits and table/chip limits to help you manage how much you spend
- If it feels like temptation's getting the better of you try our Self-Exclusion option
- Take a minute to go through our quick self-assessment questions below
- If you want advice or need to talk to someone contact Gamcare or of the other organizations below
- If you're around young/underage people use tools to protect them from accessing gaming sites
Most people don't have any problems with staying in control, but it's not so easy for everyone.
Here are a few tips to help you keep control.
- Try to set limits on how much you deposit and play before you start gambling.
- Decide how much you can afford to lose and if you hit that trigger STOP.
- Don't let playing get in the way of your daily responsibilities.
- You shouldn't play if you're in recovery for any dependency
- To gamble sensibly you need a clear head - so don't play if you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- You should not see or use gambling as a way of paying off your debts with your winnings.
Whilst most customers are able to enjoy their gambling, AstroBingo recognizes that for a very small number of customers temptation can get the better of them.
If you find it hard to say no to temptation, then maybe you'd like to consider setting a play limit on the amount you can deposit or play.
If you feel like things are getting on top of you, maybe you'd like to take a breather from gambling.
With our Self-Exclusion option you can exclude yourself from our site for as long as you need. This means you won't be able to log-in and play for the period of time you choose to stay away.
You'll find all the information you need to set your limits or, if you think you need a break from gambling, to self-exclude yourself, in the My Account section under Play Limits - or just contact us and we'll take you through it.
- Do you stay away from work to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When you're gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost or empty and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the price of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have others ever criticized or made comments about your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or interests?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
In most countries it is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. AstroBingo reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and to carry out checks to verify the information provided. Customer accounts may be suspended and funds with-held until satisfactory proof of age is provided.
The legal gambling age varies according to country, so please check the legal age for gambling in your country of residence.
To prevent illegal/underage gambling, we will take all reasonable steps to check that a customer playing on our sites is over 18 and are who they say they are.
We'd like your help in preventing young and vulnerable people from playing on our site by keeping your account details and password safe and confidential at all times.
To see what else you can do, please see below:
There are a number of third party applications parents/guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computers access to the internet
Filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
Filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
To block all access to on-line gambling from your PC or mobile phone: www.gamblock.com
If you would like more advice or help, or just want to talk to someone, then please contact Gamcare, or any of the other organizations listed below:
Through their website: www.gamcare.org.uk
Get help through their website: www.gamblingtherapy.org
Or visit the site for further contact information
Visit their website: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
AstroBingo fully supports the work of Gamcare and other similar organizations. We believe that gambling should be a fun and positive experience for all our customers.
If you have a dispute which does not arise from an unresolved complaint you should as a first stage use our Complaints Procedure to seek a resolution of that dispute. You are not obliged to do so and may refer immediately to an independent adjudicator as set out below.
You may refer a dispute (including an unresolved complaint) to an independent adjudicator. If the dispute relates to a AstroBingo Product, the appropriate adjudicator is determined by reference to that AstroBingo Product.